Day 1: Departure from Madrid Barajas. Scale about 2am and arrival in Hanoi the next day.
Day 2: Arrival at Hanoi International Airport, visa and welcome procedures by the guide and transfer to hotel for check in. Accommodation in Hanoi
Day 3: Hanoi City Tour
Breakfast at the hotel. Today we will visit the capital of Vietnam and only city in Asia with its wooded avenues, French colonial architecture and oriental temples. The tour includes the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum (outside only), the Ho Chi Minh House, the Botanical Garden and the Presidential Palace. The Presidential Palace was the most demanding and expensive building at the time, but Ho Chi Minh refused to live in this luxurious building. He said it was totally inadequate because of the poor and hungry people. In addition to all this you will learn about the life of Ho Chi Minh and its revolutionary activities.
We will visit the pagoda of a pillar based on the dream of the Ly Thai Tong kingdom. The pagoda of a pillar was built in 1049 and included a pillar in the center of a lotus pond, built in lotus form and means: "lasting happiness And located on the west side of Hoan Kiem, is a famous historical and cultural relic, considered the first university in Vietnam, and you will have the opportunity to learn more about the Temple of Literature. Education in Vietnam for 1000 years until the contemporary age, surrounded by a quiet environment.
After lunch (included) we will take you to the Hoa Lo Prison, which was a place for the prisoners of Guera, among them, John Mc Cain. In the afternoon, when the city is most beautiful, they will visit the Ngoc Son Pagoda, on Hoan Kiem Lake and enjoy free time to stroll. Then we will take a tour in traditional Vietnamese cycle around Hanoi's old quarter and its famous 36 streets
Return to the hotel after an unforgettable day in Hanoi. Accommodation in Hanoi.
Day 4: Hanoi - Mai Chau
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, at 07:30, transfer to Mai Chau, about 3.5 hours. Mai Chau is an idyllic and beautiful valley, still home to many tribes of the adjoining mountains such as Dzao, Muong and Thai. Stop at a local road market before arriving at Mai Chau Ecolodge. We arrived at Mai Chau around noon to check in and enjoy lunch
Half-day bike tour in which we will see the farmers doing their daily harvest, in their green rice fields, farming and working hard to survive. Of course, it is a quiet and calm life.
- Departure from Mai Chau Ecolodge with our bicycle.
- Stop to explore Cha Village
- We explored Mai Chau and some of its beautiful ethnic villages including Cha Long, Tong đầu, and Van
- We will stop over Văn Village, entering into a family of Thai ethnicity, who will welcome us kindly. If they wish, they will be able to talk with them and discover their unique and traditional culture.
- On the way back, we will stroll through some villages, before returning to Mai Chau Ecolodge again.
We will spend the night in Mai Chau Ecolodge surrounded by a nice atmosphere with pleasant temperatures. Dinner is included with a show of local dances to liven up the stay and taste the Ruou Can, a local rice wine.
Lodging in Mai Chau Ecolodge
Day 5: Mai Chau - Tam Coc - Hoa Lu - Hanoi
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, we will travel to Ninh Binh to visit the ancient capital of Vietnam: Hoa Lu, also known as "Dry Halong", with the same limestone rocks found in the famous bay. Upon arrival, we will visit the Bich Dong Pagoda, which offers magnificent views. Afterwards, we will take a boat ride through the 3 famous caves of Tam Coc. After lunch en route, we will stop at the temples of the Kings Dinh and Le, of great cultural and religious importance, so that our guide will explain the most relevant of each one of them. Lunch at local restaurant included. Return to Hanoi. Free time to enjoy.
Accommodation at the hotel in Hanoi.
Day 6: Hanoi - Halong Bay
Breakfast at the hotel and transfer 160 kilometers east to Halong to visit one of the 7 natural wonders of the contemporary world: Halong Bay
- Embark on the quay of Tuan Chau Marina (Tuan Chau Island, Halong City). Enjoy a complimentary drink in the Gray Line's private lounge.
- Transfer to Gray Line Halong cruiser by boat. Welcome drink, followed by informative cruise sessions. Arriving their cabins.
- Enjoy a great lunch. Relax on the terrace and watch the unparalleled scenery of Halong Bay while cruising past the Bay. Cruise by the floating fishing village of Hoa Cuong.
- Arrival to the cave Me Cung (labyrinth of caves). Join the tour with the guide to explore the cave. Climb up several steep stone stairs to see a large lake considered as a royal garden and surrounded by mountains. Its water is blue throughout the year.
- Return to the cruise and then visit the shining cave - a beautiful lagoon that belongs to the bay of Lan Ha, on the island of Cat Ba. Forget the distance of geography. Visit some tunnel caves in kayak or bamboo boat. Time to savor the beauty and incredible stalactites of the islets in detail.
Enjoy swimming around the cruise ship (weather conditions). Relax on the terrace. Enjoy the fantastic views and take breathtaking photos of brilliant sunsets.
- Join the kitchen demonstration on the terrace. Learn how to make fried spring rolls mixed with fish sauce. Enjoy the sunset with seasonal fruits and cocktails.
- Enjoy the fabulous dinner with barbecue dishes served with a variety of Vietnamese and Western foods, in a cozy and romantic atmosphere.
- Night time activities: watch the movie at the outdoor bar, board games and cards; Squid fishing on the boat. Enjoy boiled calamari after fishing.
- We will spend the night in the quieter sleeping area.
* The itinerary will vary according to the chosen cruise company. Spanish speaking guide on board
Day 7: Halong Bay - Hanoi - Danang-Hoian
- Tai Chi class on the boat terrace or you can enjoy the beautiful sunrise.
- Breakfast with coffee, tea and sweets on board.
- Arrival with the Gray Line boat to exclusive houseboat, in the area of Rang Dua by dinghy - one of the few existing houses after the regulation of management relocate the traditional floating village to the main land. Spend about 1 hour experiencing how different life in the water compared to the mainland. Learn about your food, how you make a living, your children, your culture and your private fish farm. (Only for Gray Line customers.)
- Departure from the cabins, pick up belongings. Relax on the terrace or in the dining room to enjoy the scenery of the bay on the way back to Tuan Chau Pier. Farewell lunch served on board and then transfer back to Hanoi airport to take the flight to Danang.
Arrival in Danang and transfer to hotel in Hoi An to check in.
Accommodation at the hotel in Hoi an.
Day 8: Hoian - Eco Tour + City tour
After breakfast at the hotel, we will start the day with an interesting Eco Tour in Hoi An. (About 4 hours long)
On the "Waterways and the Fishermen of a Past War" tour you will enjoy a wide range of experiences - from learning traditional fishing techniques to paddling the strange and unique Vietnamese bamboo basket boats to exploring the now tranquil waterways Of coconut palm set in a past war.
In this tour we offer you an authentic social and cultural vision of local Vietnamese life. In addition, they will be able to participate in some fun and interesting manual activities for people of all ages.
Lunch included on board the boat.
In the afternoon, enjoy a leisurely stroll through the city of Hoi An and visit the historic city center. Stop at the local market of the city, visit the Old House of Tan Ky, the General Assembly building and the legendary Japanese bridge. You can also visit a local workshop where they produce silk. Accommodation in Hoi An.
Day 9: Hoian- Danang- Hue
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning, we will travel by road to Hue, former seat of the Imperial City, (approximately 2.5 hours drive). We will pass by winding paths along the coast of the China Sea and enjoy the breathtaking views of Lang Co Bay from the top of Hai Van Pass or "Pass of the Clouds". Lunch at local restaurant on arrival in Hue. We will start the afternoon visit: the Imperial Citadel of Hue (Kinh thành Hue), is a great fortress that was built in the seventeenth century (year 1805) by mandate of Emperor Gia Long. This huge and magnificent complex was designed by combining the concepts of Chinese geomancy (the best example is the Forbidden City of Beijing) and the military principles of the French architect Sebastien de Vauban. The resulting final ensemble are beautiful palaces, beautiful temples fused between walls, bastions and moats, which coexist in total harmony. Return to the hotel and on the way, visit the Dong Ba Market.
Overnight in Hue.
Day 10: Hue - Saigon
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, we leave the hotel and take you to some of the most important places of Hue: The Thien Mu pagoda, one of the most revered in the city and which will be reached by bus. Then we will take you to visit the imperial tomb of Khai Dinh, named as the most majestic of Vietnam. Located at the foot of the mountain of Chau Chu and not very large, it is decorated and built to the smallest detail. We will finish the visit in the small village of incense, where locals produce hundreds of units for later distribution. Participate in the elaboration and interact with them.
Lunch served at local restaurant in Hue
Transfer to the airport to take the flight to Ho Chi Minh, locally known as Saigon.
Arrival in the most modern city of Vietnam, where the guide is waiting for us to welcome and transfer to the hotel for check in. Dinner and accommodation at the hotel.
Day 11: Saigon - Cu Chi Tunnels + City Tour
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning, our guide will pick you up and transfer you to the Cu Chi Tunnels complex, located 45km north of Saigon. This ingenious 200km labyrinth of tunnels was created by Vietnamese combatants to attack American troops during the war, and served as a hideout and shelter for several months. A real wonder! Know firsthand all the history, traps and anecdotes that will captivate you. Lunch at local restaurant on the way back to Saigon.
Afterwards, we will visit the Presidential Palace where independence was declared in the year 75, and we will stop to take pictures of the Church of Notre Dame and the Central Post Office, the latter built by Gustave Eiffel. We will end the afternoon at the War Museum with impressive illustrations that will give you a global and real idea of what happened during that fateful time - 1 hour visit -
We will leave you in the Ben Thanh Market area and Dong Khoi, famous for the various shops and entertainment areas. Rest of the afternoon free.
Night hotel in Saigon.
Day 12: Saigon - Mekong Delta (My Tho) - Saigon
Breakfast at the hotel.
In the morning, we will take the road to the Mekong Delta. We will arrive to the city of My Tho to board a local boat that will take us through the beautiful islands of the dragon, unicorn, Tortuga and Phoenix, in the river Tien. We will visit one of the local candy factories and travel on Xe Loi (local transport) through the coconut gardens and villages of the island, stopping to sample local fruits and later boat trip to discover the narrow canals covered with palm trees. Return to Saigon. Lunch at a restaurant included. Return to Saigon and overnight.
Day 13: Saigon - Departure
Breakfast at the hotel.
Free time until your transfer to the airport to take the flight back to Spain.
Day 14: Arrival in Spain